Looking to 2018, here I anticipate the new Food&Beverage trends.
I hope you’ll like one or the other option to make Food&Beverage a memorable part of your event.
People are always looking for new and interesting ways to cater for their Event guests and food has become so much more than just fuel.
1. Local is Everything: The importance of adding a local feel to events has been identified as a major trend as guests want to experience as much as they can about country they are going to for their event.
2. Network your Heart Out - Small plates of food items, continuously served in a reception format add a nice break to an extended event. It provides a great way for guests to meet up in a causal environment while enjoying great food and beverage.
3. Small is the New Big! - Bite size desserts have overtaken larger portions in popularity. People prefer the easy to handle signature bite size deserts to one big slice of cake. House made chocolate truffles, French macaroons, mini cupcakes and cookies are top of the list for event planners.
4. In with Flavour, Out with Fats! - Chefs work with exciting healthy choices including whole grains, protein alternative (quinoa, amaranth, alfalfa, tofu, beans) green vegetables (kales, spinach), low fat and low sugar foods which sound, look and taste great!
5. Making and Breaking Bread Together - Nothing brings the people together more than food and having the opportunity to cook with friends, family, guests or colleagues. Culinary teambuilding has all the ingredients to cook up friendship!
6. Contrasting Environments - Utilising outside space to create a change in scenery and a casual dining experience will revitalize people.
7. Finale NOT Gala - Make sure the last night of your event has all the components to create a dynamic environment and brings people together to celebrate the event. Be creative and choose your set-up layout and dining style to deliver that Finale.
8. That's Theatre! - Adding a chef interactive station can also highlight the menu with fresh prepared items (min-size panini, clubhouse or bruschetta!).